Located in Portland’s historic Mississippi Conservation District, Patton Home has served as an option for low-cost housing since 1890. The historically significant structure currently provides 69 SRO units, common kitchens and restrooms, a commercial kitchen, and considerable community space to its very low-income residents.
MWA Architects partnered with Community Development Partners to provide residents with modern, efficient systems and updated interiors with new flooring, lighting, and paint while retaining the property’s historical significance. The residents take pride in their homes, and the development team made it a goal to maintain and rehabilitate the building for the community of residents that has grown over time. The third-floor renovation added six additional SRO units.