This new freshwater pump station for the Portland Water Bureau in Willamette Park replaces the aging 1912 Fulton Pump Station with a modern civic facility that serves many functions. The building is an integral park structure; in addition to five pumps, it also provides public restrooms and storage for park equipment.
Located in a much loved public park, the new facility required an intensive public involvement process. A nine member citizen advisory committee was formed by the Portland Water Bureau working with Portland Parks & Recreation to inform the design and identify some of the public amenities offered at the facility.
- Project Contact
- David Williams, AIA